An association within the meaning of Art. 60 et seq. of the Swiss Civil Code (SCC) is established under the name AidAmo.
The association is based in the municipality of Serravalle.
The Association AiutiAmo aims to:
– Promote projects to improve the well-being, education, culture and health of the most disadvantaged in Switzerland and abroad;
– Promote projects that promote spiritual growth;
– Help Khenpo Tenzin Thinley to raise funds to build a meditation hut in Bhutan for the Buddhist practice of the poorest monks.
– Organize and participate in events and collections to achieve the aims of the association;
– Promote the exchange of ideas and knowledge related to the aims of the association.
The association is nonpartisan and non-denominational.
Members are ordinary.
Ordinary members are those who have asked to be part of the association, were accepted by the steering committee and have paid the social fee. They are entitled to vote and active and passive eligibility.
The admission to the association is made by submitting a request to the committee executive, who decides. In case of acceptance, the aspiring member is required to pay the membership fee. From the moment of payment he becomes a member.
In case of refusal, the applicant is allowed to appeal to the general meeting within 15 days. The general meeting hears the prospective member, then decides by secret ballot. The decision is final.
The resignation of members is forwarded in writing to the board of directors until 15 days before the ordinary general meeting at the latest.
The steering committee proposes the expulsion of a member to the general assembly. This one hears the expulsion, then decides by secret ballot. The decision is final.
They have the right to vote and active and passive eligibility.
They participate in all the activities of the association, in different forms according to the needs of the association and their possibilities.
1. respect the statutes;
2. comply with the decisions of the steering committee;
3. participate in the activities organized by the association;
4. help, to the extent of their possibilities, in all necessary activities
to the preparation of the actions, beyond the roles assigned to them;
The organs of the association are:
1. the general assembly;
2. the Steering Committee;
3. the auditors.
The Steering Committee convenes the members in an ordinary meeting once a year with at least the following negotiations:
· appointment of the president of the day;
· reports: on social activity in general and the state of finances;
· auditors’ report;
· statutory appointments (chairman, board members, auditors);
1. approval of the minutes of the last general meeting;
2. appointment of the members of the steering committee and the auditors;
3. setting of dues,
4. acceptance of reports: on social activity in general and on financial activity;
5. modification of the by-laws;
6. decision on any other matter for which the by-laws should not provide for the attribution of competence to a specific body.
The convocation is made in writing at least 20 days before the fixed date, by the Steering Committee. It provides a precise date and place and the agenda.
Requests for further negotiations must be sent by the members to the executive committee no later than 10 days before the date of the general meeting.
The general meeting is considered valid if at least half of the members are present.
If at least half of the members are not present, the meeting is reconvened half an hour later and considered valid with any number of members present.
Voting is by show of hands unless the majority of those present propose a different method. For expulsions of members the vote is held by secret ballot.
Assembly resolutions are taken by simple majority. In the event of a tie, the chairman of the meeting decides.
For the modification of the statute the majority of the partners is necessary.
All members have the right to vote at the meeting. Each member has the right to one vote. It is not possible to be represented by another member.
The extraordinary general meeting may be convened:
· by the steering committee of its own initiative;
· when at least one-fifth of the registered members make a request to the executive committee by submitting an agenda; in this case the general meeting must be held within one month from the submission of the request.
The steering committee consists of 3 or more members, including: the president, the secretary, the cashier, any members.
The steering committee is elected by the general assembly.
The members of the Steering Committee, for the first period of appointment since the constitution of the association, remain in office for one year and are eligible for re-election.
· planning and direction of the association’s activities;
· execution of the expenses required by the ordinary management and administration of the social assets;
· admission of new members, reserved the right of appeal;
· acceptance of resignation of members;
· proposal to the general meeting of the expulsion of members and the appointment of honorary members;
· convocation of the general meeting;
· delegation of tasks within it;
· issuing of internal regulations and directives;
· representation of the association;
The president directs the meetings of the steering committee. He handles day-to-day business, signs correspondence with the secretary, makes urgent decisions and watches over the smooth running of the company. In the event of a tie in the management committee, the chairman votes last a second time.
The secretary draws up the minutes of the meetings, keeps the list of members, deals with correspondence, carries out administrative tasks and keeps the archives.
The cashier receives the payments, makes the payments authorized by the management, collects the social security taxes, keeps the cash, keeps the accounting records and the related supporting documents, prepares the annual accounts and balance sheets.
The steering committee represents the association in front of third parties with the collective signature of the president and the secretary; in case of impediment of the president, with the signature of a member or the cashier with the secretary. For payments the association is committed by the collective signature of the president and the cashier, in case of impediment of the president, with the signature of a member or the secretary with the cashier.
The steering committee meets whenever it deems it necessary. To be valid decisions, at least half plus one of the members must be present at the meetings of the Steering Committee. Decisions are taken by a majority of those present.
The shareholders’ meeting appoints one or more auditors to examine the accounts.
The auditors remain in office for one year and are eligible for re-election.
The cashier makes available to them all accounting books, supporting documents, securities, certificates of deposit, and allows them to check the cash, bank accounts, postal account, etc.
The auditors submit their report to the general meeting.
Members are required to pay an annual membership fee to the association.
The annual dues and fees are determined each year by the general meeting.
Other sources of income are: the proceeds from events, donations, collections, subsidies, sponsor payments, interest on savings capital, etc.
For the modification of the statute a majority of the registered members of the association is required.
A member who believes that he or she is unfairly harmed by a decision of the management committee may appeal in writing to the general meeting. The appeal must be made at least 10 days before the general meeting.
The dissolution of the association requires the approval of 2/3 of the registered members.
In case of dissolution the assembly decides by majority on the devolution of the patrimony.
Priority is given to similar associations, otherwise it can be paid to charity.
For any debt, credit, obligation or other performance or duty of the association, the association is solely responsible with its assets.
This statute was approved by the constitutive general meeting on February 7, 2019 and enters into force immediately.
Semione (Serravalle) on February 7, 2019.